Thank you for your query.
I can understand your concern. However one has to ensure that your son does not get repeated urinary tract infection
for which you have to:
1. Get urine examined routinely frequently.
2. Get urine culture done at regular intervals after consulting your doctor.
3. Ensure that he drinks lots of liquids.
4. Hygiene is maintained for which you need to discontinue the use of diapers. In case you need to put them they should be changed frequently.
5. In case of repeated infections a work-up is required to rule out any cause for it.
I am afraid there is no alternative but to give antibiotics if there is infection present.
I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.
Wishing your son an early recovery.