Child diagnosed with tonsillitis. Taking penicillin treatment, very lethargic, mild fever, breathless. Cure?

H, my 2 year old boy has been diagnosed with tonsillitis with exudate on both tonsils. He is 3 days into penicillin treatment should I start to see an improvement in him by now, as he is still very lethargic with mild fever. He also has episodes of rapid breathing , particularly when he has been laying down he appears quite short of breath at times for example he was unable to drink his milk this morning from his bottle as he was too breathless .
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013