Child diagnosed with pneumonia without chest x-ray, on zpack, steroid, appears pale, has fatigue, low grade temperature. Cause?

my 16-year-old son was diagnosed with pneumonia on Monday without chest xray and was placed on a z-pack. He is also taking steriod dose pack. He has continued to appear pale with congested cough and fatigue . He is constantly saying he is cold and when I check his temperature he has been as low as 96.8-97.8F. I am concerned about the temperature and that he continues to look quite pale. He is on day 4 of his z-pack. What should I make of all of this?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012