Child diagnosed with intermittent estropia in eye. Chances of curing without using glasses?

My 4 year old son has been diagnosed with intermittent esotropia in right eye. Have been to 4 ophtamologists. 2 which did not want to do anything for the time being and I was to go back in 6 months time. They said we should leave him try to work on using his eye muscles before prescribing glasses. He has good vision in both eyes. Other prescribed him with +3 in both eyes. Other prescribed me with -.75 in right eye only and was to go back in 6 months time. I am very confused and don t know what to do. Is there hope that this intermittent squint might go away completely in time without the use of glasses. Hope someone can help and let me know what I should do. This is so upsetting.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013