Child diagnosed with hand, foot and mouth disease. Has raised, red, itchy rash on wrists, elbows, legs. Also has cough. Suggestions?

Hi my son is 8 years old he has a raised red itchy rash which is appearing on his wrists elbows and legs he had exactly the same rash in the middle of November and was diagnosed with hand foot and mouth I had my doubts as my daughter didn t catch it and none of the other children at school had it. The exact same rash started appearing yesterday and is appearing before my eyes the only other symptom he has is a cough .
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012