Child diagnosed with extremely high eye power. Can he concentrate in studies with this power?

Dear Doctor, yesterday based on my son s class teacher observation, I checked his eye power. Shockingly they told it is -11 and -8 (after applying eye drops). He is just 3+ years old. He is healthy boy and eat well. Whatz the reason for this and how we treat this ? My worry is can he concentrate on his studies with this power ? My eye power is .25 and .5 for the past 11 years. Can you pl clarify ? thanks in advance
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012