Child diagnosed with diabetes. Will it affect studies and other activities?

Hi!! Doctor, We are living in Nairobi, Kenya. My 10 year old son is diagnosed as Type1 diabetes last week. His blood sugar was 35 when i took him to the doctor for a check up. Blood and urine test was done and immediately admitted to the hospital. He was there for 3 days. Now we are back home. His test are normal now means it 5.1, 4.8, some time 6 like that. he is just 10 yrs old and international chess player, also comes first in class and also good in other activities like football, cricket hockey etc., My worry is will this effect his studies and other activities. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012