Child diagnosed with Heirshsprung disease. frequently in hospital for enemas, magnesium citrate, cleanouts. Suggest colostomy?

My daughter was finally diagnose with Heirshprung disease in May, shortly after she had part of it fixed. Her small intestine near her rectum has cells but aren t developed. She is taking senoka which helps most of the time but every couple months she gets really sick and backed up and needs enemas and magnesium citrate and cleanouts in the hospital that last a week cause she can t handle the high dose of medicine they give her. My question is would a colostomy help her? She is a very active almost 5 year old (she doing gymnastic and is planning on playing tball in the spring) if she got the colostom would she still be able to do all the things she love so much?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013