Child diagnosed herpangina. Throat sore, gums swollen, red, bleeding. Is it gingivitis? Medication?

My 4 year old was diagnosed with herpangina last Thursday. His throat sores are better but his gums are now painfully swollen and red. They bleed easily. Teeth brushing and eating are very problematic. Is this still part of the same virus or something else that he needs to see the doctor for. I have only been giving him Motrin for his fever, but that has passed. He also has what may be a cold sore on his lower lip. Is this gingivostomatitis and what can I do for him?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013