Child developed hematoma post hitting the head, no vomiting, loss of consciousness or headache, behaving normally. Treatment required?

My four-year-old fell from a pool slide ladder and hit her head on concrete today. She developed a hematoma almost immediately (~6cm by 4cm) on the left-front side of her forehead . It s now eight hours later. The swelling has been reduced a bit and seems to be spreading slowly outward from the site. It is fairly soft to the touch, especially in the center. She never lost consciousness , did not vomit , has not complained of persistent pain or headaches, has not seemed to be compromised in terms of balance, and has exhibited no behavioral or personality changes. She has been asleep for about an hour (I ve checked a few times to make sure her breathing seems normal and that the hematoma hasn t altered physically in any drastic way). Assuming all goes well this evening, would you recommend that I have her pediatrician examine her tomorrow? She hasn t exhibited any of the classic signs of internal bleeding, but I don t want to take any chances with a head trauma. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012