Child delivery by operation. Prescribed mini pill. Suggest alternate medicine without any side effects?

my wife child born 15th apr-2012 by big operation, so doctor say no next child 3 year, doctor say you take mini pill od tablet for 3 months & you are coming hospital for checkup after three months, becuase check side effect of mini pill, some medicines shop mini pill od not avialable in delhi, so please tell me other medicines which no side effects, no weight gain , no other side effect. thanks jitendra kumar delhi india
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Thanks for using the HCM. I am happy to address your questions, Minipill, this contains only the synthetic form of progesterone. The Mini-Pill is only available in a 28-day pack. A pill everyday for the 4 week cycle, and all 28 pills are considered active. It makes the cervical mucus thicker, which prevents sperm from entering the uterus. This pill must be taken every day at the same time and is not as effective as the combined pill. It is usually suitable for women who either experience side effects from oestrogen or shouldn’t take it for health reasons. If you do not have any concerns then would recommend you speak with your gynaecologist for any alternate combined oral contraceptive pills which are also well tolerated. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks