Child could have consumed melted plastic. Danger?

May I know the following- : used a microwaveable steamer to steam fish for my one year old boy : upon washing the steamer, I was horrified to find a piece of plastic takeaway small food cover in the steamed water, having no idea how it even got there : the plastic warped n melted cos it was not microwv friendly : Ive fed my son the fish, b4 finding out abt the plastic How dangerous is it?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
good morning , there s nothing to worry if the plastic piece is not sharp or big in size, it ll eventually be passed out in the stools in a day or two. u have to take the kid to er if he complains of severe pain in abdomen or develops loose stools. if the child is playing comforatbly having a good apetite and sleep , don not panic.