Child complains of sore throat after drinking any kind of juice, taste buds on back of tongue are red and swollen. Any ideas?

My daughter is 5 yrs old and constantly complains of sore throats, mostly after she drinks any kind of juice but seems pretty consistent even without juice. No fever or any other symptom. I looked at her throat with a flashlight and noticed her taste buds on the back of her tongue were red and swollen. Took her to the doctor. She was prescribed amoxicillin but it doesn t work. She also tried a slightly stronger antibiotic - something white, milky don t know the name but nothing worked. She s been complaining of sore throats alot. I waste my money on doctor visits. Any idea what it could be? How to treat/cure it? What should she be tested for?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012