Child complains of shin pain, worsens with activity, has hard knot on shin. Reason?

My 13 year old son has been complaining of his shin hurting for months. His pain is worse with activity, and better by morning. I ve been thinking it was shin splints or even growing pains. We have put cold packs on it and even used Bio Freeze. Last week I noticed a hard knot on his shin. I took him to the chiropractor and he took x-rays. I told me that it was not broke but there was something there. I am a little concerned and have been looking on the internet for possible answers. I am not a Dr. and don t want to try to diagnose my son, but what I am finding does not help me with my concerns. My question is, should we seek more medical attention?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012