Child caught klebsiella infection. Has loss of motor skills, developmental problems. MRI shows brain damage

when my son was 6weeks old a dr forgot to put the cap on the end of his picc line and 4 hrs later almost bled to death, his hemoglobin dropped from a 15.8 to 5.7 within that time and remained there for almost a week until they transfused him... however he caught klebsiella from the open port and was quarantined in the ICU. He is now 4 and suffers from loss of motor skills and has developmental problems, an Mri showed some damage or trauma to the brain.... would/could the loss of blood/oxygen to the brain... over half his body's blood cause the damage to the brain?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013