Child caught cold and high fever, prone to wheezing. On saline water. Dangerous?

Hello.. My 16 month old caught cold yesterday evening and had high fever immediately (ranging 100 - 102.9 in armpit) - we re doing Crocin Suspension and T-minic. She s almost unconscious with the fever - can t open eyes and watery nose etc. She s prone to wheezing so I m also nebulizing her with saline water . Please suggest. Am worried sick with the high fever - how s a simple cold leading to such temperatures - aren t high fevers dangerous?!?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012