Child cannot read from far. Diagnosed with lazy eyes (right eye). Is wearing glasses necessary? Will it effect the other eye?

my daughter who is juzt 4 years and 4mnths old....complaints sayin she cant read the bood when i keep it bit far from her due which i constulted opthalmologist over here and dr diagnosed it sayin a lazy eye for her right eye....dr says her eye power for left is normal (6/6p) and right eye its 6/15p...............
and dr is saying she has to wear glasses to correct her right eye............this has left me to go crazy thinking about my little girl wearing glasses for her lifetime.........between i also wear glasses from my age of 11 years...
and dr saying though her right eye's power may improve stil she has to wear glases..........but why is that?

and what can i do to cure this problem.........

thnk you very much
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013