Child burns her thumb, blister popped out. Cleaned with hydrogen peroxide and applied neosporin. Is there any infection?

hi, my baby is 3 years old, her hand was burned by a glue gun at school- near her thumb . it blistered right away and the blister popped within couple hours. It is now red around the burn and it looks like there is a yellow lesion forming- we have cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide several times and also applied neosporin several times as well. i want to make sure there is no infection- should we take her to the pediatrician? thanks for your help
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum 

Your baby seem to have developed superficial skin burns. 
I would advise you to keep the area clean and dry.
Use an antiseptic solution or lukewarm water to clean the area twice a day 
Apply an antibiotic cream like mupirocin gel, as this will decrease the chances of superadded infection as any kind of infection over the affected area will lead to increased chances of scarring and pigmentation. 
Also use a sunscreen regularly before going out in the sun.
Give oral antihistamines to reduce the redness and irritation 
You can additionally give oral vitamin C supplementation in order to speed up the healing process. 
The burn will heal in a span of 5-7 days if proper care is taken.

Hope it helps 
Dr Geetika Paul