Child born with brownish patch on the ankle. Patches getting bigger. Lost all nails. What is happening?

hi doctor, my daughter was born with a brown patch on her left ankle and a white one on her right ankle and now over the last year she has got a biger white patch on the back of her right leg and also a lager white patch on the front uper part of her right leg and when she was 18 months old she lost all her finger nails and toe nails and this has never happend again she is now 7 can you help me understand this please
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Thank you for your query.
This is a matter of concern.
This maybe features of a collagen disorder.
Kindly consult a dermatologist at the earliest.
Hope this answers your query.If you have any other queries kindly direct them to me.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.