Child born with Spine Bifida, foul smelling in urine, no sensation in bowel and bladder area. Solution?

My son is 4 and born with Spina Bifida and has never had to cath before but I do know how to do it from being shown at the hospital but I have noticed that his urine is really fowl smelling and yellow and he isn t emptying his bladder as often as he should...I tried cathing tonight and about 1/4 cup came out. I guess what I m asking is how far do I need to put the tube in and how much should come out normally? Side note: He can walk with the help of his walker just little to no sensation in the bladder and bowel area.... Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013