Child bitten by dog. Three vaccine doses taken. Need for other two doses? Is it safe?

Dear Doctor, My 6 year old child got bitten by a dog but don t know whether that was rabid or not. Dog could not be traced/confirmed. 0,3,7 doses have been completed by yesterday as per Doctor s suggestion. Now how to go about from here. I m confused-should 14 and 28 doses should be taken or not? If the dog was normal then what would be the side effects in future if these 2 doses are also taken? Will it be safe? Please suggest Sir. Thank you, Raja
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012