Child bitten by dog. Missed third dose of vaccination. What would be its effect?

my 1 year and six months old son was bitten just above the nape by a dog on the 16th of july. it was a half inch scratch but it drew some blood. the wound was washed with bath soap and running water immediately after the bite. i took him about 3 hours later for vaccination (first dose). he had his second dose on the 19th but we missed the third dose schedule on the 23rd. what effect would that make to medication for rabies of my son. we were also told that if after 14 days from the bite, the dog dies my, son would have to take additional 2 doses for a total of 5.other wise, we would stop the vaccination on the third dose. the dog seems fine and we noticed no changes on the dogs behavior. should we already complacent about this? im really worried about the 3rd dose being missed. will it be okay if i take him for the 3rd dose on the day after?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012