Child bad tummy ache/ diarrhea/ bloody When I looked was just pale mucous with blood streaks. Should I be worried ?

hello i took my 3.5yr old boy to the gp yesterday morning after he had been up in agony all night complaining of tummy pain. examination showed tummy to be soft and just possibly some stool waiting to come out despite having 3 decent bm s the day before. no bms yesterday. he then woke at 1,30am needing the toilet. filled toilet bowl with firm stool and v dark brown liquid. then woke up twice for more diarrea type bms. hes just gone to toilet again and sounded like diarrea but when i looked was just pale mucous with blood streaks. Should I be worried by this blood ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011