Child ate some pill. Don t know what pill it is? What should I do?

my son who will be 5 september has just told me he found a pill on the floor at nursery. he "ate" the pill cuz he said he had a poorly leg. he finished nursery at 11.30 so it was some time between 9 am and 11.30. i haven't noticed a change in him. so it was at least 7 hrs ago and i can't be sure if it was a "pill2 could have been a sweet. what should i do?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Hi Jessica,

If I were you, I would stop worrying if there are no symptoms for over 8 hours. However, just to make sure that you aren't missing anything, why don't you see a Pediatrician or at least a pediatric resident in the ER of your local hospital and get the issue resolved once and for all. The doctors might give a "stomach wash" if less than a few hours have passed after the "incident"?