Child allergic to fruits, foam coming from the mouth with passing out. Has anxiety and stress. Is this allergic or neurological?

Hi. My nine years old son had some very strong reaction after he eat a sandwich with ham and avocado, mayo. He had eaten avocados till now ( California roll, or with chips ) never had shown any allergic reactions. He went to a birthday party before. Few mi utes after he finished a sandwich, he was pitting lots of saliva which alo created a bubbly foam coming out of his mouth. He nearly passed out. He was not present but could hear me I think. It lasted for about 7 min. It never happened before. He is under lots of stress, anxiety. Constantly leaking his finger tips saying that they feel dry. We survived a car accident exactly one year ago. I have divorced his father 4 years ago, but my son still doesn't want to accept it, hoping we will get back together.
I need help to figure out this strong reaction to what ? Is it food allergy ( avocado ) or type of neurological distress ? He was recently diagnosed with allergies for fruits that grow on the trees.
It was scary moment. Please advice
Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013