Child. Periodic pain in stomach. Ultrasound didn t confirm appendicitis. Reason?

My 10 year old son had pain in belly button area lasting about an hour. It went away but has come back now, 3 hours later and feels like he wants to vomit but can't. He had similar pain, but much more severe 5 months ago. We went to hospital. They suspected appendicitis, but ultrasound did not confirm. Has had it one other time about a week ago, but not lasting as long. What could it be? Should he be taken to the hospital?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013