Child. Massive hairfall, thinning around front of head. History of continuous cold. Help

My daughter is 7, and over the last month i have noticed her losing lots of hair when i have washed it. However over, the past week the problem has become much more severe, with big handfuls coming out when just brushing through it. I am getting quite frantic about it now. Her scalp looks ok to me, and i can't see any noticeable patches as such, just thinning around the front maybe. She has also been full of cold for a lot of the past year, more so than her younger brother. She only seems to have a few days clear, before she starts again. I mention this in case it is connected in any way. Please help, i have contacted my GP but cannot get an appointment for ten days!!
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013