Child. Extreme headache, fever. Lives in woody area. Serious?

I have an eight yr old with an extremely high pain threshold. With that being said... he is the one of my three boys who only goes to the doc for his well visits. Today, though, he had a sudden onset of a he3adache and a fever of 101.8. I am notquick to get alarmed by fever under 102.5 but the headache is what concerns me. I live in a deeply wooded area in texas with an abundance of mosquitoes and other outdoor pests. We went on a weekend camping/fishing trip this past weekend and eve4n though he has no stiff neck or vomiting, I still worry about encephalitis, menengitis and the other awful viruses to be aware of especially with the headache.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013