Child. Dry skin patches on face, red cheeks. No relief from Advantan fatty ointment. Suggest

My son (4yo), has had increasing dry skin patches around his mouth, nose, and eyes (specifically from the corner of his eyes and over his eyelids), he has also had red cheeks for the past couple of days.
It is autumn where we are, but the weather has been nice enough to spend a little while inside as well as out.
He is prone to dermatitis, and currently uses 'Advantan fatty ointment' (contains 1g methylprednisolone aceponate). This has not helped in this case.
Not sure if there is something I should remove from his diet, or if we need to see a specialist.
Thank you for taking the time to answer (in advance:)
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013