Chiari Malformation, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, skin turns bright red post cervical fusion, extreme fatigue, blurred vision, loss of appetite

My skin turns bright red in splotches like a sunburn . I feel like I am burning from the inside out. I have systemic swelling. This has been going on since my last cervical fusion in March. I have extreme fatigue , loss of appetite , nausea when eating, blurred vision and dizziness . I have pain on my left side under the rib cage with any pressure. I was diagnosed with mono. However I had this when I was in college and I am now 47, so I am not sure if this DX is correct. The cervical fusions in Dec 2011 and March 2012 were due to a motor vehicle accident where I was rear ended and shoved into the cars in front of me. It was a 4 car pile up. I had had contant nausea and vomiting since 11/10/11 (the day of the accident) which disappeared after the March surgery. I have a connective tissue disorder called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Chiari Malformation I. I had tethered cord syndrome for which I already had surgery. I also had 2 posterior fossa decompression for the Chiari. With the last decompression, I had a metal plate inserted in the back of my head and rods fused to C2 and C3. I also had a decompression done at L4/5 as the tethered cord surgery caused complications. I was doing great and finally getting back to work before the accident.
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012