Chewing pull ring from a can, piece stuck in throat, causes sore throat, nausea. X-ray, camera did not show it. Treatment?

When I was 17 I was chewing a ring pull off a can and a piece came off and got stuck in mx throat . It never came out. I went to the hospital and had and xray which showed nothing. I also had a camera down which also didnt show anything. The doc said it could be in my voicebox but then never did any further investigation!! im now 25 and I can still feel it but it comes that far forward in my throat it makes me sick and my throat sore. Its like this 2day and is very unfortable!!
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Metal cans pullring is radiopaque that is it will clearly be visible in your x ray .as you have said it was not visible in x ray means it is not there. Endoscopy was not even required . Foreign bodies pass out through faeces. Just get a good digital x ray from a reputed radiologist again and close the topic once and for all.