Chewing gutkha and smoking. How can I quit tobacco habit?

Hello Doctor, Good Morning! I have a concerning problem. My Hubby has a bad habit of chewing gutkha and smoking too. And he constantly tells me lies despite of me finding match boxes and gutkha wrappers from his office bag. His teeth have also become stained. He acquired this gutkha habit from his college days since 2003. But smoking and drinking he used to do since 2000. I am very much disturbed with his bad habits and his constant lies. It s affecting our marriage too. Please help me by suggesting how can i make him quit this tobacco habit for ever? Please help! Regards, Akanksha
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Create a plan and choose a quit date. If you are taking an antidepressant to help you quit, most doctors recommend that you take the medicine for two weeks before quitting.

Tell everyone you know that you are going to quit and on what day. This will give them fair warning if you don't seem yourself right after you quit, and it will encourage you to keep your word.

Gather as much support as you can. Try to convince your spouse or partner or a friend to quit with you. Join a support group online or find one in your area.

Remove all smoking paraphernalia on your quit day. Throw away any leftover cigarettes, ashtrays and lighters.

Keep yourself occupied at all times for the first few days. Go to restaurants where smoking is not allowed, play a sport, work on hobbies. Remember that the cravings will be frequent, but they do not last that long.

Electronic Cigarette