Chesty, dry cough, bumps in the back of the tongue, stuffy nose. Advice?

Hi, for the last 4-5 days I ve had a really bad cough , it started out as just a niggly tickly cough, which kept me up at night as was worse when I laid down, now its turned into a chesty, dry cough, and I have bumps on the back of my tongue , and some ulcers in my mouth and a bruised feeling in my chest, presumably the ulcers are just because I m run down. I don t feel bad in myself, I have a bit of a stuffy nose but apart from that and the cough I feel fine. What could this be, its driving me nuts , whats more I have a pregnant friend coming to stay on Saturday and I don t want her coming if its anything conspicuous. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012