Chesty cough, mucus and blocked nose. Due to new surroundings or dust mites?

Ive recently moved into new home and have soon become very Ill. Mostly at night and in the morning my nose becomes blocked and I develop a chesty cough . With the cough im am bring up mucus and am coughing to the extent i cant breath. I not too sure whether it is dust mites are causing my illness , or whether the dust mites are just make the illness i already had worse. Can you help please?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
The circumstances point to the fact that the allergy is newly acquired.
Avoid carpets and pets...
Try OverThe-Counter antihistamine
If you continue to suffer - it is better to see an allergy specialist - they can investigate the ause and severity and plan appropriate approach
Good luck
General & Family Physician Dr. Kulbir Singh's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
Your problem is most likely to be related to dust unless you have a previous history of cough and cold in changing climate. To get rid from it do steam inhalation 3-4 times per time and try to expel out phlegm as much as you can. In addition to this take expectorant cough syrup, anti-allergic drugs and protect yourself form dust and other pollen's. If you have fever or yellow phlegm than you need a course of antibiotic. Consult your physician and get treated immediately.
Best Wishes