Chest x-ray showing mildly enlarged heart,apical lordotic recommended. What does it mean?

My 84 year old Dad just had a chest xray . I have been searching the internet for the diagnosis but the answers seem a bit vague. Here are the results: The heart is mildly enlarged. There is a questionable pulmonary nodule versus summation artifact overlying the right anterior first rib. Recommend apical lordotic. No acute infiltrate. Right upper lobe nodule versus artifact. Can you put this is laymans terms? Do not know if this is any help, but my Dad had lung surgery approx. 10 yrs ago for a spot they found on an xray, but everything was fine.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013