Chest x-ray showed small fibrotic lesion. Diagnosed TB. Had prolonged cough, fever and headache. Treatment available?

hi, i am 23 old chest X-ray result says:- left pleural effusion with small fibrotic lesion left mid zone and bulky right hilum. In my blood test my esr count is 13. and sutum test says Z N STAIN(sputum)- ACID FAST BACILLI NOT SEEN. i am having consiten cough for past 3 months and fever and doctor says its TB and will take 9 months to get cure..can u tell me the best treatment for it and can it be cure earlier than 9 months..
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012