Chest x-ray indicating left lower lobe developing infiltrate versus atelectasis.What does it mean? Have asthma

Hi, I recently recieved results of a chest xray indicating Left lower lobe developing infiltrate versus atelectasis.
This past winter Ive had a bad cold and cough producing yellow phlegm. Finally got to dr who has put me on antbiotics.. Phlegm is now clear.. and not much of it anymore. I do have a severe case of asthma and have been put on Alvesco. Im still concerned about this chest xray.. What is an infiltrate? and since my lungs seem much clearer now since being on antibiotics should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013