Chest uneasiness, dizziness, cold sweats, acidity throughout the day, intermittent rapid pulses. Heart attack signs?

Hello, I am a 31 year Male. Off late I have been experiencing uneasiness over the left side of my chest and have felt dizzy on a couple of instances with a bit of cold sweating in last 2 days. This happened in the night in bed. I have been experiencing a terrible acidity through out the day and this has been going on for a while. Once I take any anti acidic medicine, the acidity goes off I also feel intermittent rapid pulse on the left side of my neck area.. I was smoking for last 9 years and now have quit. Can you help me with a quick check that I can perform to ensure that I am not getting a Heart Attack?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012