Chest tightness and heaviness. Taking nexium, stopped, acidity, consumed rantac, symptoms reoccurred. Cure?

Hi , My husband is having Chest tightness and Chest heaviness from last 1 year. He was on nexium for 5 months and he stopped it 15 days back. After stopping his chest tightness and Chest pain disappeared. But Stomoch acid started comming ito his mouth. Today he took rantac for that. Again Chest tightness and Chest heavyness came back. He cleared his all basic health checkups. Now what to do?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013