Chest/throat feeling tight and dry. Difficulty in swallowing. Taking prednisone, inhaler for sinus. Reason?

I have acid reflux and a heital hernia . I have been taking prednisone 3 x day for the past 3 days. I take them in the morning. Tonight I started having tightening in the chest/throat, I used my inhaler , that didn t help, I took an antihistimine, thinking maybe I was having a reaction. That didn t help. I take 1 Laprazole a day. I took a second one. I ve also taken some antacids. My throat seems to be getting tighter and dry, I m having a little trouble swallowing , so I m chewing gum I m afraid to go to bed and lay down for fear it will get worse. Will this pass? I was given the prednisone & inhaler for a sinus/allergy problem I ve been having.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012