Chest pounding, finger tips numb, panic-stricken. Was that a heart attack?

When i am sound alseep i wake up abruptly with my chest pounding my left arm only is always hurting and my finger tips are numb i feel like i am going to have a heart attack in my sleep and i wake up panicked because my heart is pounding so hard i have to sit and the edge of the bed and breathe to calm my heart down i exercise regularly and i watch what i eat mainly fruits vegetables and protein and i dont smoke or drink and my cholesterol is excellent its so scary i feel like one day imma die in my sleep or have a heart attack and i live alone i woke up wondering if i should call 911 every time it happens but i calm myself down
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013