Chest pain with pricky needle like sensation. Any relation to angina ?

I felt chest pain about 4 days ago. It lasted for 5-6 seconds and was like as if someone was prickling needles in my chest. On the 3rd day, I felt it again but it was relatively very mild. After a few hours of pain I felt as if I was ready to leave forever! It was not a heart attack as I am normal today, but I do have a problem of short breath from the past few months. I am scared about that incident. Don t know if it was angina like situation, clotting of my heart blood vessels or it was something else. I have seen on many online forums that heart pain doesn t occur in short pinching bursts and that it is a full heart squeezing pain. I am an IT professional and most of the time I remain sitting in one position with my tummy/ stomach folded. Please suggest something.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013