Chest pain under left breast after eating, pulsing vein. No history of cardiac problems. Causes?

My chest hurts after I eat. It is right under my left breast . It mostly happens after I eat dinner but I can have it as early as breakfast. The pain goes away if I press on the area and I can feel the vein/ artery pulsing under my fingers and the pain subsides. I am 27 years old and I have no history of cardiac problems. My chest never hurts other than when I eat. I have read other places that it could be as a result of fatty foods but this has happened even if I just eat vegetables. I am vegetarian and for the most part vegan although I do eat eggs and the rare cheese. I drink primarily water.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012