Chest pain, trouble breathing. Chest x-ray clear. Prescribed Neksium. No cough

I have been having severe pain in the chest for the last 3 days to the point of causing problems while breathing and sometimes coughing. I m almost normal during day time but couldn t sleep for 2 nights. Consulted a doctor and got a chest x-ray done. X-ray is clear. Doctor suspected reflux oesophagitis and gave neksium tablets (once a day-morning) and ganaton (twice a day-mornign and evening) and asked to review in 5-6 days. The pain almost disappaers (90%) during day time but the problem persists while sleeping at night. I have no coughs or any other sort of body pain but 2 weeks ago I had a similar trouble where I faced pain in other parts of the body. No weightloss or fatique or nausea/ nervousness is observed. However, this is really worrisome as I tend to suspect more dangerous cases like tumour or heart ailments. Please advise. What do you think is happening or should be done?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012