Chest pain radiating to the arms, hurts while smoking, muscle pain. Why is it persistent?

hi yes ive had a ecg done and i still have major chest pain ..this intends to feel like it in my right arm ..i do smoke and when i have a ciggerte it hurts more..i dont do anything and it hurts..the gp told me it sounds like a muscle can this be it seems to stay all the time.and then just from no where hurts more sharp pains plz help me im so scared..
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Chest pain radiating to right arm may be a pain with its origin in lower pleura or the diaphragm or else can be simple musculoskeletal pain.
You must go for a chest x-ray PA view and visit a chest specialist......and yes quit smoking....It is certainly better for lung health as well as your present condition....

Best wishes