Chest pain radiating to the arm, tingling. Family history of heart attacks. Need to get checked?

I get chest pain left side which radiates down left arm like a tingling feeling they last about 5 min then go away. there are times they last a little longer and happend at night and during the day time. What could this be. We do not have a great family heart history my mother passed away of a heart attack at 71 her sister had a heart attack in her mid 50 s and their brother also same age. I am currently 54 and do not want to be running to the hospital everytime there is a chest pain but do not want to have a hear attack either!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013