Chest pain, no cough or runny nose, tried postural drainage. Pleurisy or pulmonary embolism?

Could this be something very serious? It feels like there is something in my right lung and it s worse at night and better after sleep. This started six months ago when I felt some mucus go into my lung and from then on it felt like something was slithering around in there, sometimes as if it was licking my rib cage and sometimes as if it was tearing at the surface of my lung with hooks. Usually the pain is in my upper front chest but occasionally it feels like whatever is in there went to my back and spine and slithers up and down there. These last months there is a rapid pulsating sensation every few seconds. I went to my regular doctor for a check up four months ago and she listened and found nothing with her stethoscope. I went to a dentist last month and he tried to listen to my lung but found nothing unusual. Since it I can still breathe (albeit with discomfort), I am not scheduled to see a lung specialist because of the cost. I do not have a cough nor a runny nose and I have not noticed any changes in energy levels or weight. However, recently, the discomfort has been becoming increasingly hard to ignore and sometimes the pain is very sharp. But now there is a new pressing sensation on my rib cage, or so it seems, as if something hard is in my lungs. I have tried postural drainage, but I can t cough anything out and it feels only worse. What condition could this be? Pleurisy or pulmonary embolism? Lung cancer? Or just misplaced mucus? Also, what should I do to alleviate the discomfort and possibly are there any home remedies to cure it? Thank you very much for your help.
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012