Chest pain, arteries are clear and free. ultrasound to check fluid was negative. With antacid, same. Suggestion?

Hello. My husband is 47 and recently has been experiencing severe chest pain in his left side under his breast bone. He had xrays taken of his back and stomach, he had ekgs, a last Tuesday a stress test with results bad enough for the doctor to schedule a stint procedure 2 days later. I took him to the hospital and the doctor inserted the cath in his arm and came out an hour later and told me his arteries were clear and free from any build up and he said he was going to do an ultrasound to check for fluid. That also came back negative. Doctor said take some antacid to see if that helps. It is a week later and the chest pains are even worse and my husband is at wits end wondering what is going on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. He doesn't smoke and not heart issues in his family. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013