Chest pain. Hurts in specific positions. Regular smoker. Suggestions?

I've had a pain in my chest for the last 3 days now, it's the left hand side of my chest and feels like an internal pain, as opposed to a muscle strain or pectoral damage. It hurts slightly more when I take a deep breath, but I can't exactly locate the pain as I can't feel where it is with my hands. It hurts more when I wake up in the morning and when I am in specific positions, but I can't figure out what it is.

I haven't over-exerted myself recently and haven't damaged my chest with impact recently. I am a regular smoker, but haven't had this pain before. I'm a 28 year old male, slim build and fairly fit, 6' 1" and roughly 13 stone.

Can you suggest anything as to what this could be?

Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013