1. Emphysema means you are suffering from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
) which is progressive development of airflow obstruction.
2. being told to be having "emphysema" means that there is/will be permanent,abnormal distension of the air spaces accompanied by destruction of their walls.
3. This requires history regarding Cigarette smoking
,Occupation,recurrent infection, Air Pollution to rule out the cause of the same.
4. Consult a Chest Specialist for detailed General Examination and for baseline Investigations like: Sputum Examination,peripheral Blood,Arterial Blood
gases, Chest X-Ray, Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT).
5. Medicines have a role in the treatment but largely Anti-smoking measures with Pulmonary Rehabilitation
programme [education-exercise and physiotherapy] improves exercise capacity and quality of life in patients with Emphysema.
PS: high Blood pressure
values signifies cardiac problem, so cardiologist opinion is necessary to rule out any heart issue.